We make it our priority to get to know your child and your family in order to help determine if the Redwood environment will meet your needs. Priority enrollment is given to currently enrolled students and then to their siblings.
Efforts are made to increase diversity at Redwood Cooperative School and Redwood Cooperative School does not discriminate against employees, students, families, or applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, physical disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical appearance, or political affiliation.
1. Submit an application. Applications are submitted at our online link. A $35 application fee will be assessed.
2. Return the reciprocal release of information. Once you have applied (before or after a tour), you will receive a reciprocal release form, so that we may contact the student’s current/previous school environments and/or set-up shadow days (see step 3). You will also be asked to provide your student’s most recent progress report, any behavior reports, and information regarding referrals for evaluations and/or services.
3. Schedule shadow days, if applicable. If your child will be entering 1st grade and above or are a Kindergarten transfer student (already enrolled in Kindergarten and plan to move mid-school year),we will contact you to set-up a mandatory, two-day classroom shadowing experience for the entire school day. At the discretion of our Redwood Director and faculty, a teacher may also request to observe your child in their current school environment. We will provide you with consent forms for all of the above mentioned options.
4. Await your acceptance letter. We will contact you to inform you of your acceptance to Redwood. The first round of notifications will be sent no later than January 21, 2020 by email, and thereafter as openings occur. To be considered for acceptance in this first round, you will need to have all information, application and fees submitted by January 6, 2020.
5. Complete your enrollment contract and pay the enrollment fee. Directly following the receipt of an acceptance letter to Redwood, you will receive an email inviting you to complete an online enrollment contract, followed by an invoice for the required enrollment fee. The contract and enrollment fee must be received by the Redwood office within 5 business days in order for your student to be officially enrolled.
Priority enrollment will open on December 2, 2019 for currently enrolled Redwood families and their siblings. First round acceptance notifications for all others will be sent by January 21, 2020 by email.