The admissions timeline for the 2022-2023 school year can be found below.
Thank you for your interest in Redwood Cooperative School!
The purpose of the admission process is to find a school fit for your child that is mutually beneficial for families and the school. Redwood seeks to enroll students whose families appreciate our mission and values and will be supportive members of the cooperative school community. The following steps help determine a good fit for admission.
We recommend beginning the admissions process by September or October of the year prior to school entrance eligibility. This is the season during which we provide open house opportunities.
- Students entering Pre-K must be age 3 by August 1 of the year that they enter. Pre-K students must also be completely potty trained per our policy before beginning the school year.
- Students entering K must be age 5 by August 1 of the year that they enter.
- For any new student, an updated application and fee must be submitted each year for enrollment consideration.
Efforts are made to increase diversity at Redwood Cooperative School and Redwood Cooperative School does not discriminate against employees, students, families, or applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, physical disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical appearance, or political affiliation.
Admissions Process 2022-2023
- LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SCHOOL: This year we will be offering virtual tours and Zoom Q&A sessions for prospective families. This can be scheduled by contacting our Director of Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also visit our website to learn more about Redwood.
- APPLY: Submit an application. Applications are submitted at our online link. A $50 application fee will be assessed.
- RETURN PAPERWORK: Return the reciprocal release of information and any requested documentation. Once you have applied (before or after a tour or Zoom Q&A), you will receive a reciprocal release form, so that we may contact the student’s current/previous school environments and/or set-up shadow days (see step 3). You will also be asked to provide your student’s most recent progress report, any behavior reports, and information regarding referrals for evaluations and/or services. If your school, therapy office, or service provider does not readily provide these items to you, your family will need to reach out to your current learning environment to request them.
- SHADOW DAYS: Schedule shadow days, if applicable or allowed due to COVID-19 restrictions. The Director of Admissions will contact you to notify you of this possibility. These may occur after school hours to limit student contacts. At the discretion of our Redwood Head of School and faculty, a teacher may also request to observe your child in their current school environment. We will provide you with consent forms for all of the above mentioned options.
- AWAIT ACCEPTANCE: Await your acceptance letter. We will contact you to inform you of your acceptance to Redwood. The first round of notifications will be sent no later than January 18, 2022 by email, and thereafter as openings occur. To be considered for acceptance in this first round, you will need to have all information, application and fees submitted by Tuesday, January 4, 2022.
- CONTRACT & PAYMENT OF ENROLLMENT FEE: Complete your enrollment contract and pay the non-refundable enrollment fee. Directly following the receipt of an acceptance letter to Redwood, you will receive an email inviting you to complete an online enrollment contract, followed by an invoice for the required enrollment fee. The contract and enrollment fee must be received by the Redwood office within 3 business days in order for your student to be officially enrolled.
Financial Aid: For families interested in pursuing financial aid, you can begin your application through SSS (School and Student Services) on September 1, 2021. Your PFS (Parent Financial Statement) must be completed by January 1, 2022 in order to be considered within first round acceptance. Families will be notified of any financial aid awards by February 1, 2022. You can begin your financial aid application HERE.
- Priority enrollment will open on November 29-December 10, 2021 for currently enrolled Redwood families and their siblings (December 13-17, 2021).
- Completed Parent Financial statements for those applying for financial aid must be submitted for consideration by January 1, 2022 via the SSS website, for new and returning students.
- First round acceptance notifications for all others will be sent by January 18, 2022 by email.
- Families will be notified of any financial aid awards by February 1, 2022.